Roots Analysis has announced the addition of “Bacteriophage Therapeutics Market, 2022-2035” report to its list of offerings.
With the ever-increasing burden of antimicrobial resistance, the focus of the research community has shifted towards the development of alternatives for the treatment of infectious diseases. One of such alternatives is bacteriophage therapeutics. The innovators suggests that the success of these therapies lies in the effectiveness of phages to target the desired bacterial strains. With the growing need for therapies targeting AMR infections, bacteriophage therapy is now gaining more traction.
Key Market Insights
Close to 15 bacteriophage therapeutics are commercialized, while more than 90 are currently at different stages of development
Close to 50% of the pipeline candidates are under clinical evaluation; majority (91%) of these candidates are being developed for the treatment of infectious diseases, targeting wide range of bacterial strains.
40+ industry stakeholders claim to have the required capability to manufacture bacteriophage therapeutics
The bacteriophage therapy market is currently dominated by the presence of various small players (48%); of these 55% of the players are located in North America, followed by Europe (35%).
More than 2,200 articles focused on bacteriophage therapeutics have been published, since 2018
Around 40% of these were published in the last two years, indicating the extensive research activity being carried out in this domain.
Close to USD 1,200 million has been invested by both private and public investors, since 2017
Of the total amount invested, over USD 330 million was raised through venture capital funding, representing close to 30% of the overall funding activity in this domain. Further, close to 40% of the instances were, wherein players were collectively awarded more than USD 300 million.
Partnership activity within this domain has grown significantly between the time period, 2017-2021
Maximum number of partnerships were established in 2021, indicating a recent rise in the interest of players engaged in this domain. It is worth highlighting that, majority of the deals were related to the research and development (20%), followed by agreements signed for product development (15%).
More than 3,500 patients have been enrolled in over 40 clinical trials, worldwide
Clinical research activity, in terms of number of trials registered, is reported to has significantly increased in the past few years. Of the total number of trials, close to 35% have already been completed, while 41% are active and still recruiting patients.
Europe are anticipated to capture larger share (~95%) of the market by 2035
Currently, in bacteriophage therapeutics market, gastrointestinal infections capture the highest share (~50%) and this trend is unlikely to change in the foreseen future. Further, more than 55% share of the market is captured by oral bacteriophage therapeutics.
To request a sample copy / brochure of this report, please visit https://www.rootsanalysis.com/reports/bacteriophage-therapy-market/request-sample.html
Key Questions Answered
- Which bacteriophage therapeutics candidates are currently under clinical stage of development pipeline?
- Who are the leading players engaged in the development of bacteriophage therapeutics?
- Which geographies are the most active in conducting clinical trials related to bacteriophage therapeutics?
- What is the focus of various publications related to bacteriophage therapeutics?
- Which partnership models are commonly adopted by industry and non-industry stakeholders?
- What are the investment trends in the industry?
- What are the different initiatives undertaken by start-ups for the development of bacteriophage therapeutics in the recent past?
- How is the current and future market opportunity likely to be distributed across key market segments?
The financial opportunity within the bacteriophage therapeutics market has been analyzed across the following segments:
- Type of Therapeutic Area
- Gastrointestinal Infections
- Bacterial Dysentery
- Multiple Infections
- Other Infections
- Distribution by Route of Administration
- Oral Route
- Rectal Route
- Intravesical Route
- Topical Route
- Key Geographical Regions
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and North Africa
The report features inputs from eminent industry stakeholders, according to whom upcoming generations of bacteriophage therapeutics are likely to garner significant interest among therapy developers and end users alike. The report includes detailed transcripts of discussions held with the following experts:
- Antoine Culot (Chief Executive Officer, Rime Bioinformatics)
- Mathieu Medina (Project Leader, Hospices Civils De Lyon)
- Iddo Weiner (Senior Director, Head of Data-Science, BiomX)
- Mohammadreza Azizkhani (Independent Consultant)
The research also includes detailed profiles of key players (listed below), featuring an overview of the company, its financial information (if available), detailed information on the advanced stage pipeline candidates and an informed future outlook.
- Adaptive Phage Therapeutics
- Eliava BioPreparations
- NPO Microgen
- Pherecydes Pharma
For additional details, please visit https://www.rootsanalysis.com/reports/bacteriophage-therapy-market.html
You may also be interested in the following titles:
- Quantum Computing in Drug Discovery Services Market : - Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2023-2035
- Viral Clearance and Viral Testing Services Market : - Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2023-2035
About Roots Analysis
Roots Analysis is a global leader in the pharma / biotech market research. Having worked with over 750 clients worldwide, including Fortune 500 companies, start-ups, academia, venture capitalists and strategic investors for more than a decade, we offer a highly analytical / data-driven perspective to a network of over 450,000 senior industry stakeholders looking for credible market insights.
+1 (415) 800 3415