You have just purchased your new synthetic or natural wig. After choosing the right wig for your face, you are proud to wear it. However, you still have some doubts about the maintenance. Am I using the same shampoo as before? Can I do a brushing? Here are the steps and tips for washing and caring for your wig.
Maintain Synthetic Wig
For those who have opted for a synthetic wig, just hearing the name SYN-THÉ-TI-QUE gets you started. By definition, it is a wig made from synthetic fibers, so it requires special maintenance, especially for the wigs without glue.
It is important to know that there are products intended for long-lasting and esthetic preservation of the hair. For this, we advise you to use the synthetic hair maintenance kit from the brand Ellen Wille. You will therefore find a shampoo; a balsam, which is a kind of conditioner, it will nourish and untangle the hairstyle; then a conditioner, which is a spray to protect against UV rays and pollution.
8 Essential Steps
- To start, prepare a bath in a basin or a sink and dilute a dab of shampoo in lukewarm water
- Soak your wig
- Do not rub and let the product act for about 10 minutes
- Don't forget to rinse and wring out
- Then take a dab of balsam (care) and let stand for about 3 minutes
- Rinse then wring out with a terry towel. Place your wig on a wig holder without the brush
- Leave to dry overnight
- Finally, apply the conditioner spray every day and brush it delicately
- To style your wig, use a picot brush designed for synthetic material. We advise you to wash it every 10 days.
- Your wig is clean and silky. Note that synthetic wigs after washing keep the same hairstyle (curl, straightened, ect ...) but it is NOT RECOMMENDED to use any heat source (hair dryer, straightener, curler, ect ...)
Also discover in video all the steps to properly maintain your synthetic wig.
Maintain Natural Human Hair Wig
By definition, the natural wig is made from human hair wholesale. This hair was first bleached to be all the same shade and then colored to achieve your chosen shade. Thus, it is impossible to use the same maintenance products as at home at the risk of damaging your hair. We recommend that you use the natural wig maintenance kit. It is composed of three essential products: a shampoo, a balsam (care) to bring shine and volume, then a conditioning spray.
After cleaning, you can achieve all the hairstyles you want using your hair dryer, straightening or curling.
For the interview, here is the procedure:
- To start, lay your wig on a polystyrene tee and use the shampoo
- You can wash it by rubbing gently
- Remember to rinse and wring out
- Then apply a dab of balsam (treatment) and let stand for about 3 minutes
- Rinse then wring with a terry towel, rest it on a polystyrene head and style it with the wooden comb
- Leave to dry overnight or abruptly immediately
- Finally, apply the conditioner spray every day
- To style your natural wig, we recommend that you use a wooden brush to detangle and respect the natural fiber. We advise you to wash it every 10 days.
Tip: You can make a hair mask that will deeply nourish and give more shine to your hair. It is advisable to do this every 2 to 3 washes.
To blow-dry, straighten or curl your hair, it is advisable to use the spray conditioner before using a heating device. Your wig is finally ready for a new day. Also discover in video all the steps to properly maintain your natural wig.